Sunday, August 2, 2009

C-section with twins?

Hello, I am 32 weeks with twin girls, one is breech and one is head down so I will be having a C-section. Now I am going to talk to my doctor ( obviously, lol ) but I don't see him again until Tuesday morning and we found out yesterday that one was breech. I am just curious other mothers who went through C-section with twins, did the spouse get to be in the delivery room? When did you schedual the C-section, or did you just wait until you went into labor. I have been having pre-labor signs, but my doctor said if I could just get to 36 weeks, we would be golden. So we are wondering if he will schedual it at all or just let nature take it's course and then do it once I am in labor. What was recovery like? I have had three boys, but they were all pretty uneventful vaginal births, so I am a little uneasy, just because of the unknow. I know women who had C-sections, but they were singletons, so I don't know if it would be any different, thank you in advance for your time.

C-section with twins?
They will schedule you. If you go into spontaneous labor before that, you will have to go to the hospital immediately to be sectioned.





Yes, the spouse gets to be in the delivery room. They just might have him wait outside for a few minutes while they place your spinal block/epidural block and get you positioned on the table, but after that he can stay the whole time up near your head while the operation takes place.





Recovery is a little longer with a section, but you shouldn't be miserable. Pain medications are fine to take (your doctor will prescribe ones that are safe to take if you are breastfeeding).





Recovery from twins is no different than recovery from a singleton other than your uterus is larger and will take a bit more time to return to pre-pregnant size.
Reply:Recovery from a c-section is longer and harder than recovering from a normal birth, in general.





I'm shocked that your doctor hasn't discussed your other options . . . . having twins doesn't always mean a C-section.





Babies can be turned in some cases. You could deliver the one that is head down (if that one is the first one) and then they rotate the second and you could deliver both vaginally.





This has been done before,(but your health and the position of the twins needs to be favorable)





If this interests you, speak up about it. In the end having a section, is YOUR choice not the dr's.





Regardless of how you deliver, good luck and I hope you have healthy little one's!


No comments:

Post a Comment