Friday, July 31, 2009

C section question?

can c-section be elective? what are some reasons for c-section besides the obvious medical reasons? and if it is elective-able, will ur insurance cover it or is it something you have to pay for on your own?





i just asked the question about the amniotic fluid but i am really scared and concerned about labor because my skin is super sensitive down there. it even rips at the slightest tug and im afraid my baby might make it worse. i don't have much longer (37w) and im thinking about talking to my doctor about a c-section. plus i have tested + for group b strep so wouldn't it be better if i had a c-section? baby would be at less of a risk? i just need some reassurance.

C section question?
C-sections are for reasons like breech presentation, or a baby that measures large, etc... the group B strep, that's not a biggie they would run the baby on some antibiotics to be safe. And sweetie, the healing from a csection is longer than a vaginal delivery. I had my daughter almost 13 months ago and still have pinching feeling if I move wrong. There's some med's they can give you like an epidural, nubane then following if you have pain their are pain meds available for pain management. You need to talk to your OB and probably should do it soon... if that baby decides to come, they're not going to want to chit chat about you having a section...


best wishes
Reply:I had to have a csection cause my babys head would not go past my pelvic bone...... ( i tried for 16 hours to push and he just would not come down) My insurance paid for it...... my bay was not a risk


No comments:

Post a Comment