Thursday, July 30, 2009

C HD is slave to E HD If I rmv C wil E stil work.How do I fnd which Drv holds OS I wnt 2 use C drv 4 other use

Will the E drv default to C and relabel all files and folders C


What are my options

C HD is slave to E HD If I rmv C wil E stil work.How do I fnd which Drv holds OS I wnt 2 use C drv 4 other use
If you remove the C hard drive, it will relabel your other drives.





Your operating system is probably on C:. Look for the drive that has a "WINDOWS" or "WINNT" folder in the root (it's nearly always C:). You will probably have to install your operating system again.





If you are using IDE drives (they have the 2-3 inch wide flat cables), you may need to change the E: drive from "Slave" to "Master" to make it work. This may be done by changing the cable plugged into it, or it may be done by changing a jumper switch on the back of the drive itself, depending on how old your machine is.


No comments:

Post a Comment