Thursday, July 30, 2009

C HD is slave to E HD If I rmv C wil E stil work.How do I fnd which Drv holds OS I wnt 2 use C drv 4 other use

Will the E drv default to C and relabel all files and folders C


What are my options

C HD is slave to E HD If I rmv C wil E stil work.How do I fnd which Drv holds OS I wnt 2 use C drv 4 other use
Yes, if C is the Slave drive, then it is not the drive that contains the OS. If E is set as the Master drive, then it is the one that contains the OS and will work perfectly fine without the C drive installed.





Files and folders don't have drive designation attached the them based on the hard drive designation. They will just reflect whatever drive they are sitting on as a path. Make sense? If you want the E drive to be called the C drive, just change your drive designation letter in the Disk Manager in windows.





Hope that helps.

plum

No comments:

Post a Comment